Thursday, April 23, 2009

Are we retards? (No offense to anyone)

O.K. so we are driving to mutual last night. Me, Hannah, and Sam. I am an advisor for the Beehives and of course the kids are in mutual. So anyway, we are driving through the neighborhood to the church and it is 7:00 straight up. (We are supposed to be there at 5 to, dang it) I see Mary Ellen and her daughter pulling out of their drive way headed the wrong direction. Mary Ellen is a Laural advisor. So I stick my hand out the window and wave at them and then I point towards the church and yell "It's that way." Now I am sure they didn't hear me, but they did see me pointing. Sam from the back seat says. Ohhh mom, that's how we get known as the Johnson retards!

Just a note of clarification; My best friend once told me that when she was taking her kids to a nice place or someplace she expected perfect behavior she would say "We are not the ********* Retards, so behave accordingly. (The **** are to protect the innocent) I repeated once to my kids at a restaurant and just as I did James came down the isle doing something totally goofy (retarded) and the kids laughed and laughed. So now when ever James is goofy they feel free to call us the Johnson Retards. Something that I have come to regret saying because I really don't like to use that word anyway.

O.k. back to last night. After we got to the Church and into opening exercises I see Mary Ellen come in and I say. "I see that my directions helped you get here" She laughed and said yes they were just picking up one of the girls. Then I told her how Sam was so embarrassed and what he said. Well she couldn't stop laughing, she laughed right through the prayer and the YW theme.

Later I got to thinking about it. (Over thinking it, rather, it's what I do) I felt totally stupid. I should not have shared that tidbit from Sam, I should not have pointed and yelled. I AM A JOHNSON RETARD! No wonder I embarrass my children. uuuggghhh.

4 comments:

The Whittacres said...

I am confused on how to add myself onto your followers. With the ones I am on their followers list it just automatically did it. I have to put in some URL code or something. I have NO idea what they are talking about.

Kayleen said...

you are just cute! And you do overthink things

Lori Holt said...

I find your ways endearing and not at all "retarded". Just keep being you, it's all good!
Lori

Kayleen said...

Lori where is your blog. I am having trouble finding it. I would love to blog with you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stick Family