Wednesday, November 3, 2010

HELP!


I know that it has been forever since my last post (I was going to be so good this time around) but I have a design dilemma.  We have lived here for 16 years and we have never done any decorating in our bedroom.  I finally convinced HH that it was time and he gave me the green light.  Last month over conference weekend was supposed to be the big work weekend, but..... it never got off the ground because I can't decide what to do!!!  That's where you all come in.  Help me!  I just can't seem to make up my mind about anything.  I thought a board and batten on the walls. I was also thinking a soft robin's egg blue  paint with a chocolate brown or maybe a grey-blue.  Tell me what you have done.  What's your favorite bedroom design?  Any suggestions would be so appreciated.

                   Source:




 
 I am not sure of the source for this picture I think that it came from
Rate my Space on HGTV. 

3 comments:

mintifresh said...

I wish I knew! We have yet to do anything to our room so any suggestions you get, send them my way!

I do like your ideas, tho. I keep thinking I'll finally paint my room and I always think blue of some kind.

The Whittacres said...

Well, I love the colors you picked out...I'd go with it. I'm not going to do it now because we hope to move in the next three years...BUT...I will just tell you what I want to do...and maybe it will give you some inspiration. I love the royal colors (grape,cranberry and silver) so when I do do my bedroom the way I like I was it is cranberry and silver. I plan to do a neutral color on the wall with one wall accented in cranberry (I want my bed's headboard against that wall) then above it I want to do vinyl lettering that says (and forgive me I can't tell you the exact words I would have to ask my dh to tell me again it is in spanish) but when we were dating we had broken up and I had come to Vegas to go to a mutual friends wedding (the one who hooked us up) and that weekend we decided to go up to Redrock to for a scenic view I had a friend with me so I thought it would be "safe" as Nathan and I were still "broken" up but trying to remain friends...it was there while we were looking out over the horizon on top of a huge rock that he whispered (that saying I want to put on our wall) into my ear...I got literal chills and knew whatever he said to me (in Spanish) was heartfelt and he really meant it. I never did ask him what it meant until after we were married...but it meant something along the lines of (I want to spend eternity with you) it is something I will never forget. So maybe think of what you both like (colors that compliment both of you) and something that represents your marriage, since you both share that personal space together and go with it. Just my opinion...Good luck!

Mike and Katrina @HA said...

Sometimes you just have to go for it and change your mind later! Especially with paint, it's so easy to change if you don't like it. I'd go with a blue-gray, we've been loving that color over here! Good luck!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Stick Family